“I’m so grateful for my board … and it’s complicated!” – Anonymous Nonprofit CEO
Board engagement is something that is top of mind for so many Nonprofit executives. Having a strong relationship between the board and executive leadership is critical, and yet, it can be very complex to manage.
Some of the reasons Boards of Directors can be complicated include:
- Lack of active involvement
- Difficulty embracing change
- Unclear boundaries and misunderstanding of roles
- Unfocused enthusiasm
TLS has extensive experience in supporting boards in a variety of capacities, including:
- Setting and/or updating mission, vision, strategy
- Establishing clear roles between “board work” and “org work”
While board challenges can be similar, TLS understands that each board’s specific need for support is unique. Contact us to hear more about how our experience in supporting nonprofit boards may benefit your organization.